1. What information we gather
- When you become a member of the BAPCR or a subscriber to The Picture Restorer (TPR subscriber) we will collect and retain personal information from you. This will include your name, title, email address, postal address and telephone number/s.
- If you are not a BAPCR member or TPR subscriber, with your permission, we will store information given by you when you enquire about or attend one of our events, or purchase a publication from us. This will include your name, title and email address, plus postal address if your purchase is posted to you.
2. What we do with this information
- For members of the BAPCR and TPR subscribers we will use your personal information to communicate with you for the administration of your membership / subscription, distribution of The Picture Restorer and in order to communicate relevant professional information. The type of information you will receive is as follows:
- Details of upcoming BAPCR events and activities
- News relating to the paintings conservation community
- Notices that we have been asked to share with the membership and which we believe will be of benefit and interest to you. These include job advertisements in the field of paintings conservation, messages and requests for information from other members, offers of materials and equipment, and information about external events relevant to the field of paintings conservation
For those who are not BAPCR members or TPR subscribers we will use your personal information to send you details of upcoming BAPCR events and activities that we think will be of interest to you.
We will never share your information with third parties.
All data is managed by the BAPCR Secretary.
3. How long we keep your information
You can contact the Secretary at any time to ask for your details to be removed from the data. We will hold your information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as you are a BAPCR member or TPR subscriber
- Until you withdraw your permission by unsubscribing to the emails or contacting the Secretary.
4. Links to other websites
- If you use our website to follow links to other websites of interest, you should note that we do not have any control over those other websites, and the BAPCR is not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting them.
5. Controlling your personal information
If you would like to see the personal information we hold relating to you, then you are free to do so at any time. Please contact our Secretary by emailing BAPCRsecretary@gmail.com
If you think that the information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, then please email our Secretary to update it.
You can unsubscribe and withdraw consent for your data to be stored at any time by emailing our Secretary.
We take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us.